Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unable To See Pictures on Websites

6K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  kenny111111 
#1 ·
HELP!!! I am totally baffled and starting to feel really stupid. I have 2 HP Laptops both running windows 7 using same versions of IE8 and Firefox. On one of the laptops I can view pictures/images on all websites without any problems. However, on the other laptop I can not view pictures and images on most 99% of websites. There may be a picture showing here or there but for the most part, the pages are mainly text. I have gone through all the settings comparing them to the "Good Laptop", I have tried clearing the cache, disabling pop-ups, disabling/enabling add on and plugins, etc. I have checked off Show Images, but nothing works. I know I must be missing something but I can't figure out what. I also have a desktop running XP sp3 with the same exact browsers and I can view all the same websites without any problems. It is only on this one laptop. Does anyone have any other suggestions to try as I am at a loss. I had read all the threads on this topic on this and other tech support sites and have tried everything that was suggested. I really need to get this problem fixed asap. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Sunshinegal
:4-dontkno

#3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion however it did not work. I also restored the default settings in firefox as well but I still cant view most pictures. I really dont know what to try next as I have tried everything suggested.
I appreciate your prompt reply to my post.
Have a nice evening.
Geralyn:4-dontkno:4-dontkno:4-dontkno:4-dontkno:4-dontkno:4-dontkno

#5 ·
Thanks again joeten. I tried that as well but no luck. I still cant see most of the images and graphics. Even the boxes where you need to sign in to your account that some websites have do not show. I just have to click around the sign in are until I find the exact location of the sign in box.
I am getting ready to reformat the hard drive and start over. I hate doing this because I have so much on it and it is going to take a long time getting everything reloaded. But, if I can't figure this out I will have not other choice.
I do appreciate you taking the time to suggest other options. THANK YOU!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.