Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

UAC - User Account Control will not allow any entry into the Password Box.

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  james137 
#1 ·
I am now experiencing this problem. The User Account Control won't allow me to type in any character..... There's no cursor, and the only option highlighted is "Cancel". I think i know how n why this happened. I made an adjustment in the account settings,out of curiousity, and now I can't reverse it.

but that's only the TIP of the iceberg... I tried to do a system restore to a previous point but i keep getting a error message. the big ISSUE is that i dont remember the adminstrator password and there's only ONE admistrator, not only that the administrator account. I cant log in to to one of my standard user account "failed log in".. PLEASE HELP... i know this is numerous issues. PLEASE HELP!!!!

#2 ·
Welcome!

Assisting in forgotten password threads is against the rules here, but we can address the issue legitimately.

It sounds as if something is messed up in the OS. Quite logical huh?

I think we can address all 3 issues I can suspect in 1 step here, without breaking any policies.

I recommend a custom install: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/20146-custom-install-windows-7-a.html

That will backup your data, but still do a clean install. Just remember not to format!

That will address a possibility of malware, corrupted OS, take care of the password issue, and remove all programs that may be contributing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.