Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Text on monitor suddenly become blurry/fuzzy?

This is a discussion on Text on monitor suddenly become blurry/fuzzy? within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently purchased a VGA Y Splitter to connect both my PC and my Xbox together onto one monitor. A

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

I recently purchased a VGA Y Splitter to connect both my PC and my Xbox together onto one monitor. A 19 Inch Widescreen Samsung SyncMaster 923nw. Before I had connected my PC's VGA cable into the Y splitter, the picture quality was fine. I connected the monitor's VGA cable and the Y Splitter, the quality of my screen decreased significantly, and there was bad ghosting. So I took it out and connected the VGA cable back into my monitor, and the picture quality was better, but still not that great. The text is fuzzier than it was before, and I haven't seemed to find any resolve. I have updated the drivers of my graphics card and my monitor, yet the fuzzy text is still there. Is there any way that I can get rid of this blurry text problem?

Old 01-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
Tech Hardware Team
Game Team Tech

My System

check the cable on the monitor side ,

check if your graphic card is locked tightly with the screw ,

safest is to take out the gfx and re plugging it back in while making sure its

tight again.

you could test the display of your xbox without using the splitter as well to confirm whether its your cable / monitor is faulty

Old 01-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
Games Team | Tech

My System

Possibly the monitor, from having the PC/Xbox trying to provide video at the same time.

Asus P8Z77-V MoBo|Intel i5 3570k @ 4.8Ghz
G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB DDR3-1600|SLI Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB
Seasonic Modular 850w|Fractal Design R4 Silent|Windows 7
Asus VG24BQE 144Hz Monitor w/ GSYNC + Dell U2412M IPS
Old 01-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
Registered Member

I had removed the splitter as soon as I seen the ghosting issue and only have the monitor connected to the PC, I have not used the VGA cable and the Xbox together, and have since moved my Xbox back to my TV. I have not tried to check the graphics card yet, shall do that now.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
Registered Member

Update, I got the issue fixed eventually, thanks for the help.