Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

TDR

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Osea23 
#1 ·
How can I disable my TDR? I've read some forums on this but none have been able to help. Anyone?

#3 ·
Well, I've read that the TDR is the cause of warnings like "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered." I searched it up online but no one seems to know how.

#4 ·
You don't want to disable TDR; if there is a way, it would mean every one of the errors you see would result in an immediate BSOD or shutdown. TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery) is intended to "catch" GPU hangs and prevent them from bringing down the entire system.

I suppose if you really wanted to disable TDR, you could do a clean install of a version of Windows prior to Vista.

Try installing updated graphics drivers from the nVidia site: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

You might also run Furmark: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark - Windows 7 Forums

#5 ·
It's just that it's been getting very annoying whenever I play a game this happens.

#7 ·
It's gotten to BSOD and a restart while playing Starcraft 2. I think it may be the PSU.

#9 ·
I don't. The graphics could also be the culprit as I've read on the NVIDIA forums, the drivers aren't right or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.