Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sync Center and a TOSHIBA error? :s

989 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  X Jado X 
#1 ·
I'm running Vista

First is the Sync Center thing. I don't know how it got on my computer, but I don't want it, I don't work with SQL at all at home, and everytime I boot up it does the "Installing" thing. It's really annoying.

Does this need to be on my computer? Can I remove it? How?

Now for my second problem, the TOSHIBA error.

The reason I know its something to do with TOSHIBA, is because I googled the process name; heres the problem though.
Almost everytime I boot up, I get this:

I'm not sure why though.

If anyone has any insight on either of these problems, please post.

Thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi -

Toshiba first - Many of the OEM (manufacturer) programs were written for XP and eventhough some/most not-Vista compatible, here they are on Vista. On several of my systems - HP, Fujitsu, Sony, etc... I have disabled ALL system services that I could locate. I would advise that you do the same - but 1 at a time to assure that none are essential to your system's performance.

START | type services.msc - locate Toshiba services, 2x-click on the service, click on STOP (if running), click on Automatic or manual and change it to Disabled (drop down menu). Click Apply, then OK.

I would suggest that you do the same for the Sync Center if it is present in Services. If not, try MS SysInternals AutoRuns. Download AutoRuns from MS TechNet and SAVE to desktop. Right-click on icon and select Run as administrator. Go through the tabs starting w/ LOGON. If you find the Sync Center, un-check it. This will prevent it from start-up. You can re-check any that you un-check whenever you like.

Before you do anything, I suggest that you create a system restore point as both methods listed above will affect the registry.
START | rstrui - create restore point.

SysInternals Autoruns - http://live.sysinternals.com/autoruns.exe

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.