Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superfetch issue

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
My Dell Vostro 1520 Laptop has given me the blue screen plenty of times in the past two days. It will only stay on for about 2-5 minutes before giving the error and shutting off. When it comes back on, I diagnose the problems and it says "Superfetch is not working". The only way I can access things is to go into safe mode but it doesn't allow me to perform any updates. When I try to allow the windows updates in regular mode, the blue screen pops up about half way through the process. I rebotted the laptop with the windows 7 installation disc and it deleted everything. I can still access files from a "windows old" folder but otherwise it wiped it out. Is Superfetch causing the problem and what can I do to fix it?

#4 ·
"I rebotted the laptop with the windows 7 installation disc and it deleted everything"

You reinstalled windows 7. It deleted nothing as shown by this statement
"I can still access files from a "windows old" folder"

Since this is a new install there won't be much for you to delete in your prefectch folder.

Superfetch was introduced in Vista.
Windows Vista - SuperFetch & ReadyBoost - Ask the Performance Team - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

since superfetch is ram intensive I would suggest you do a memory check [memtest] of the ram for starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.