Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

sttray.exe bad image

This is a discussion on sttray.exe bad image within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. whenever i log on i get this message. how can i get rid of this. its annoying and cant use

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 07:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

whenever i log on i get this message.

how can i get rid of this. its annoying and cant use meany features on my laptop.

C:\Windows\system32\ODBC32.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. try installing the program again using the orignal installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support

[ok]

how can i fix this..thanks

Old 06-11-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
CEM
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to CEM Send a message via Skype™ to CEM

Welcome to TSF..
  1. Please download OTViewIt and save it to your desktop.
  2. Double click on OTViewIt.exe to run it.
  3. Click on the Run Scan button at the top left hand corner.
  4. OTViewIt will start running. When done, 2 Notepad files will open. Please post the contents of these 2 files in your next reply. 1 log per reply please.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
Registered Member

I believe sttray.exe is a sigmatel audio driver. Try re-installing your audio drivers.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadmancpu View Post
I believe sttray.exe is a sigmatel audio driver. Try re-installing your audio drivers.

how do i do that? i have a dell inspiron 6400

windows vista home basic
Old 06-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betranu View Post
Welcome to TSF..
  1. Please download OTViewIt and save it to your desktop.
  2. Double click on OTViewIt.exe to run it.
  3. Click on the Run Scan button at the top left hand corner.
  4. OTViewIt will start running. When done, 2 Notepad files will open. Please post the contents of these 2 files in your next reply. 1 log per reply please.

where do i download that? and what do i do?
Old 06-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswasky View Post
how do i do that? i have a dell inspiron 6400

windows vista home basic
For the driver: In the search bar in your start menu type: devmgmt.msc In the device manager menu find your sound device. Right click and select uninstall. Next, you need to download your new audio driver from dell- Welcome to Small Business Support
When searching for drivers it's best to enter your service tag number located on your pc. Instructions are on the site. When the driver file is downloaded just double click it and follow the instructions. Good luck!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadmancpu View Post
For the driver: In the search bar in your start menu type: devmgmt.msc In the device manager menu find your sound device. Right click and select uninstall. Next, you need to download your new audio driver from dell- Welcome to Small Business Support
When searching for drivers it's best to enter your service tag number located on your pc. Instructions are on the site. When the driver file is downloaded just double click it and follow the instructions. Good luck!

wont let me. the error comes up saying mmc. exe bad image
C:\Window\System32\ODBC32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. try installing the prgram agin using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

i cant do anything lol
Old 06-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #8
Registered Member

Try running the system file check tool:
* click Start
* click All Programs, then Accessories
* right click on the Command Prompt option,
* on the drop down menu which appears, click on the Run as Administrator option.

* If you haven’t disabled User Account Control (and you shouldn’t!) you will be asked for authorisation. Click the Continue button if you are the administrator or insert the administrator password.
2. Start the System File Checker
* In the Command Prompt window, type: sfc /scannow,
* press Enter.
* You’ll see “the system scan will begin”.
The scan may take some time and windows will repair/replace any corrupt or missing files. You will be asked to insert your Vista DVD if it’s needed.
Close the Command Prompt Window when the job is finished.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #9
CEM
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to CEM Send a message via Skype™ to CEM

1. <LI itxtNodeId="55" itxtHarvested="0">Please download OTViewIt and save it to your desktop. <LI itxtNodeId="54" itxtHarvested="0">Double click on OTViewIt.exe to run it. <LI itxtNodeId="53" itxtHarvested="0">Click on the Run Scan button at the top left hand corner.
  2. OTViewIt will start running. When done, 2 Notepad files will open. Please post the contents of these 2 files in your next reply. 1 log per reply please
  3. For download Click on OTViewit in the first line.