Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

StarOpen.SYS error

This is a discussion on StarOpen.SYS error within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently installed acronis true image 12 on my vista 64bit system. Every now and then my computer just totally

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 02:46 AM   #1
Registered Member

I recently installed acronis true image 12 on my vista 64bit system.
Every now and then my computer just totally freezes up, only the reset button works. I looked in the logbook and saw this error

"\SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\StarOpen.SYS couldn't be loaded due to incompatibility with this system"
(this is a translation, I have dutch vista....)

I then uninstalled acronis and the problem stayed away for days untill I reinstalled it again.... So it is acronis, but some of my friends run it to an a vista 64 OS
So I want to determine the exact cause... So I need help

Also, I can't completely uninstall acronis..... Cause when I want to install version 11 it says a newer version is already installed