Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] SpeedyFox

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
I installed SpeedyFox 2.0.12.85. but I think that it has not installed properly and I would like to remove it.
The reason I believe it not to be working is it tells me to close my browser when my browser is already closed, no icon has appeared with the installation and it is not shown as a program in the add/remove programs list.
I can find the file via the Windows search box but there is no sign of it in the program files. How can I completely remove it ?

#2 ·
Re: SpeedyFox

Unless you put it on a separate drive it should be in Programs/Features. If not as Speedy Fox maybe CrystalIdea. Do not, I repeat do not download any of the so called 3rd party uninstallers on the WWW that claim to uninstall it. Try a System Restore prior to the installed date.

#3 · (Edited)

Thanks for your reply. As I said, there is no sign of it in Programs/Features but I can locate it via the Windows search.
So, I have dragged the application icon onto the desktop and deleted it. Do you think that should be enough ?

BTW, I use Revo Unistaller. I understood that to be reputable.

#4 ·

You could have used Revo's Hunter Mode to completely remove the program.
If you have already emptied the Recycle Bin, then go to Start/Search and type regedit and press enter.
In the Registry Editor, Highlight Computer, then go to Edit/Find and in the Find What box first type in SpeedyFox and press Find Next. If it stops at anything, press the Delete key on the keyboard, press Enter to acknowledge the deletion and press F3 to continue searching. Do these last 3 steps until you see the message Finished Searching the Registry. Then start again, highlighting Computer and in the Find What box type CrystalIdea. After both searches complete, it should be totally removed.

#6 ·

You could have used Revo's Hunter Mode to completely remove the program.
If you have already emptied the Recycle Bin, then go to Start/Search and type regedit and press enter.
In the Registry Editor, Highlight Computer, then go to Edit/Find and in the Find What box first type in SpeedyFox and press Find Next. If it stops at anything, press the Delete key on the keyboard, press Enter to acknowledge the deletion and press F3 to continue searching. Do these last 3 steps until you see the message Finished Searching the Registry. Then start again, highlighting Computer and in the Find What box type CrystalIdea. After both searches complete, it should be totally removed.
Thanks for the info' Job done.

Hi Spunk, if you are going to advise people to go into the registry, please be mindful that mistakes in there can hose a system, it is best not to advise unqualified people to do this.
If you must, please ensure a system restore point is made in advance and the registry itself is backed up... better to be safe then sorry. If this is not followed I will remove your post.
Thanks for the warning. All complied with.

#5 ·

Hi Spunk, if you are going to advise people to go into the registry, please be mindful that mistakes in there can hose a system, it is best not to advise unqualified people to do this.
If you must, please ensure a system restore point is made in advance and the registry itself is backed up... better to be safe then sorry. If this is not followed I will remove your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.