Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

sony vaio LAN problem

This is a discussion on sony vaio LAN problem within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello everyone, i am new here and i am not of english nationallity, so i will apologise for the writting

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Hello everyone, i am new here and i am not of english nationallity, so i will apologise for the writting mistakes i will make :">

Oke, on to my problem.
I have recently purchased a sony vaio laptop model VPCEB3S1E. the laptop came with a preinstalled windows, i had some compatibillity issues with that windows since it was 64 bit. i reinstalled windows 7 ultimate edition @ 32 bit. After i reinstalled the windows MY LAN NETWORK DID NOT WORK. i have all the drivers from the sony official site, i installed them but nothing. I have to mention that when the laptop had the preinstalled version of the windows my LAN network was working, both wirless and LAN. afther the instalation only my wireless netowrk is working.

How do i make my LAN network to function ? i have reinstalled the windows about 3 times :-< and still no result....and i have searched the web for the lan driver but i can not find it.....i can find only the wireless driver :-s

Some help will be apreciated

Old 03-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Are you sure the Sony drivers you installed were 32 bit drivers?

I'm just wondering, if the laptop came with a 64 bit edition of Windows, did Sony even provide 32 bit versions for your laptop model?

Old 03-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
Registered Member

yes i am sure, here is the official sony site with all the drivers that i installed.

VAIO : Sony Europe

honesty i do not know what to do any more :-< if yoy guys can't help me i will just leave the laptop without a LAn connection