Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

[SOLVED] Yahoo messenger keeps closing

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Yahoo messenger keeps closing within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I open up Yahoo messenger and a pop up comes up saying "yahoo messenger has stopped working " immediately then

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
Registered Member

I open up Yahoo messenger and a pop up comes up saying "yahoo messenger has stopped working " immediately then a pop up comes up saying " a problem caused the program to stop working correctly . windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Never contacts me. I have unloaded it and downloaded it but same thing happens . I need help , i use it to communicate. Need some thing else to try , tried to go back to before the last update was but didnt work would let me , So help any ideas? I have windows 7 and am using Chrome as browser but my yahoo messenger is a ap i have downloaded to work separately .
Nancy

Old 11-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 7 Pro, ME, Vista. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000 & 98SE

Rather than the Ap you downloaded, try using Yahoo Mesenger directly from your Yahoo Mail page.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
Registered Member

I do do that but i still would like to know why messenger opens then says it closes. I notice too i cant send a new email either , when i click on new email the same thing happens , same words and eveything , it has to close the app i have my email on windows live mail. i can get my mail and forward mail but cannot open send a new email which causes the ap to close. Is there something that is related to each app? causing them to close
Old 11-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

The new Yahoo mail page seems to work best only with the latest versions of IE, Safari and FF. It works with other browsers and versions with quirks. Many have reported this to Yahoo. There is no response as the page says, all are read. I guess that means it's as far as it goes.

Old 11-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
a bit alien

Send a message via Yahoo to sobeit

exactly what yahoo app are you using?
Old 11-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
Registered Member

I just download the Yahoo Messenger online and it gives me the icon smiley face and i talk with friends there. I can go on my browser and go into Yahoo.com and do it there but it is easier to have the separate app, And when i go into my windows live mail and i go to send a new message the same things comes up that it is going to have to close and windows will help with a solution and never does. something is wrong and i cant find it . one said to unload all microsoft C ++'s and some other stuff to stop it , then download them back on, but not sure what to do . So Confused and didnt do those instructions yet,
Old 11-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #7
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

Show the site where you got the app.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #8
Registered Member

I also have in my Window Live Mail a problem , when i go to reply it does the same thing , closes saying windows will look for a fix and starts back up again, Frustrating, So the question is is Yahoo messenger app and Windows Live app have anything in common that i can fix? i download from FileHippo most my free apps.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #9
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

Unfortunately apps are not always fully tested in all OS/Browser combinations. Just bacause the app is virus free and "Safe" doesn't mean it will work as well as expected. The real question for a user is, do I really need the app or just want it.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #10
Registered Member

I have had it for years and like it and want it , just trying to figure out why it suddenly stopped working on this laptop. Yahoo messenger and Windows live Mail go haywire at the same time? i just am trying to understand why . Was it a update that screwed it up?
Old 11-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

This is Yahoo's answer: Messenger Help | - SLN142 - Error: "Yahoo Messenger has stopped working"

Old 11-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #12
Registered Member

On my instructions , i went into the updates and it says to update Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 and there is several updates to choose from, i hope i pick the right one. what happens after i do all they say and pick the wrong update? I am going ahead and doing when the messenger help is saying wish me luck
Old 11-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

Please change your TSF Profile to show Windows 7. As a "casual" user you should be using Windows Update to automatically download and install updates. If you are, you already have SP1.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #14
Registered Member

FIXED it with the messenger fix removing and downloading all sorts of things , Thank you now to close this thread , thank you