Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

[SOLVED] Windows Defender: MSASCui.exe - Bad Image

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Windows Defender: MSASCui.exe - Bad Image within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. C:\Windows\system32\credssp.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

C:\Windows\system32\credssp.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
---

Is there anyway to fix this without reformatting? thanks.
Specs of PC on the left
<<<<<<

Old 01-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
Registered Member

Yes, visit here. Description of the Credential Security Support Provider (CredSSP) in Windows XP Service Pack 3

Old 01-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

I need a Windows Vista solution mate. :\
Old 01-21-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
Registered Member

My System

UPDATE:
I followed the guide to get to the registry entry, checked to see what was said to do on the guide, but what was said to add, was already there.
So then I navigated to the registry entry of the .DLL and deleted it. After the restart it stopped coming up.

So thank you for pointing me in the right direction sir.
I Appreciate it.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
Registered Member

Any time. Troubleshooting is the always the answer. ;)