Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

[SOLVED] Windows 7 Bootable CD

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Windows 7 Bootable CD within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys, i got me a big problem, i tried alot of stuff for hours and now im just mad

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi guys, i got me a big problem, i tried alot of stuff for hours and now im just mad lol.. so here is my problem :

*Windows vista 64 is currently installed*

I download windows 7 from my school because we got it for free
and then I burn it on a cd using Power Iso and with Roxio_Central.
But when ever i would start up my computer, it would never ask me if i wanted to boot from the DVD. ( I even went in the Bios and change the order, it didnt change anything.)

I know the windows 7 DVD I burned works, because when im on my computer ( vista) and start up windows 7, it works I could install it, but i need to format my partitions. I cant do that unless I start up my computer from windows 7.( We all know that) cant format your OS while your on that same OS lol.

So i look around the internet and found out that you are suppose to download a file to make the DVD Bootable ( why the f*** isnt that already on the DVD). I put my old Vista DVD and thats bootable from start up.... so why isnt Windows 7 bootable from start up?

so i added this File "boot se7en.bif", which is suppose to make the Cd bootable.... But that doesnt work. My dad told me to put all the files in a ".iso". Which i did and then burn on another DVD and that didnt work.

* This is the link to the youtube video that showed how to make your windows 7 bootable, only difference he has ultimate and I have Pro :

Basically, Both my Vista 64bit and Win7 64bit are legit copies, bought from Microsoft. Vista is bootable from start up and Win7 is not, Why is that?

I know my spelling sucks and you might not understand everything I said, just let me know and ll try to explain better.

Thx alot in advance!

Old 12-31-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hello,

Try this tool: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ion-files.html

CompTIA A+ Certified Technician
Old 01-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #3
Registered Member

thx it works now
Old 01-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast