Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

[SOLVED] Taskbar is white

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Taskbar is white within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The task bar went white, I guess a couple days ago. It makes it hard to see anything and I

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
Registered Member

The task bar went white, I guess a couple days ago. It makes it hard to see anything and I can't see the clock at all. When I mess with the taskbar colour and it's transparency, I can still see right above and around it what used to be the taskbar colour...so apparently something is overlaying it, if that makes any sense. Here's a screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	taskbar.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	94147  

Old 06-29-2011, 05:05 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team

What version of windows is that? Is it Windows XP with some theme skin or something? (As your profile says Windows XP but it looks like Windows 7).

If it is Windows 7, try this:
==========
> - Click on the start globe/button.
> - Go to Control Panel.
> - Click on System and Security.
> - Click on System.
> - On the left hand side navigation bar, click on Advanced System Settings.
> - In the new Dialog window, go to the Advance tab.
> - In the performance section, click on settings.
> - In the Visual Effects tab, click "Let Windows decide what's best for my computer"
==========

You should see loads of check boxes, hopefully they've all (mostly) been clicked. Click ok on both windows and close the Control Panel.

----

If it is still white, try the following:
==========
> - Right click on your desktop and click Personalize
> - Select one of the Aero Themes
==========
Hope one of these work, say if it doesn't.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Registered Member

Well, it seems to have randomly resolved itself. Thanks! (And I'd put "solved" in the title but for some reason it's not showing an edit option.)
Old 06-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

You can mark this thread Solved in the Thread Tools at the Top
Old 06-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks! :)
Old 07-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
Registered Member

I still have the same problem for a couple months, and tried a lot of things, but it's always back.

I didn't find what's the reason. Thought about time away from pc would affect, or a certain program, or virus, but didn't really find anything that solves the problem.

Sorry for posting on a solved thread, but that's the only place I found whose talk about these problem.

If anyone know anything to do about this, please answer me.
Thanks.
o/
Old 07-07-2012, 02:36 AM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Right click a blank space on the Desktop and choose Personalize. At the bottom click on Window Color. If Frost is the color selected, make sure Enable Transparency is checked if you want transparent task bar, or choose your favorite color.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #8
Registered Member

It's not the problem.

I tried to modify a lot of appearance configurations from windows and I'm sure it's not the problem. It really looks like the pic from #smeep.

I know that when i go to the Task Manager and Finish and star Explorer again, it comes back to normal.

Um... I use windows 7 and don't use any software to change the appearance.

Thanks again.
o/
Old 07-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #9
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
I tried to modify a lot of appearance configurations from windows.....I don't use any software to change the appearance.
Ok, so if you didn't use software to change the appearance then what did you do? To modify appearance, you would have to use Software, even if it is built into Windows. Just undo what you did. You can always do a System Restore to a time before this happened.

Closed Thread