Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

[SOLVED] Several non-existant BD-ROM drives in Computer

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Several non-existant BD-ROM drives in Computer within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have four(!) BD-ROM drives in My Computer and to be honest I can't remember how they got there. They're

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have four(!) BD-ROM drives in My Computer and to be honest I can't remember how they got there. They're obviously not actual physical drives and I assume they got there by way of me fooling around with some virtual drive software (in order to run Diablo 2 if I remember correctly) that I shouldn't have touched. I can't remember what program I used or how I even created the drives, sorry for the incompetence

They're not causing any problems whatsoever except for the fact that I don't like seeing them every time I open My PC. Would like to get them removed.

I'm running win 7 fwiw; any help greatly appreciated.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Virtual CD rom drives are installed when you use programs like Daemon Tools or other ISO opening software. They will not harm anything. You may have used a program to extract the Diablo 2 ISO and that installed the Virtual Drives. If you no longer require that software you can uninstall it and it will remove the virtual drives.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via AIM to Mike1215 Send a message via Skype™ to Mike1215

If it's what I think it is. Then try going to Device Manager, and look under CD/DVD/BD-ROM Drives. They should be listed there and you should be able to right-click and uninstall them.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk.funk View Post
Virtual CD rom drives are installed when you use programs like Daemon Tools or other ISO opening software. They will not harm anything. You may have used a program to extract the Diablo 2 ISO and that installed the Virtual Drives. If you no longer require that software you can uninstall it and it will remove the virtual drives.
Yep, it was Daemon Tools. Uninstall worked perfectly, thank you both for taking the time to answer!