Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

[SOLVED] Samsung R530 Fn keys not working

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Samsung R530 Fn keys not working within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've had my laptop (Samsung R530) for about 2 years, and after I decided to wipe the HDD and re-install

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
Registered Member

I've had my laptop (Samsung R530) for about 2 years, and after I decided to wipe the HDD and re-install windows 7 onto it, I found that some of my function keys don't work. for example if I press the Fn key and hit the left or right arrow it adjust the volume and this works fine, however, if I press the up and down arrows this is supposed to adjust the brightness of my screen which it does not. I've tried looking for drivers for the keyboard but had no such luck, I have also un-installed the keyboard through device manager and re-installed it after a reboot, but this did nothing.

any ideas? been really bugging me for a few months now!

Old 11-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
Enthusiast

You need to install the Easy Display Manager from Samsung's website.
Go here: Support - Notebooks NP-R530 | Samsung Laptops

Click on "See All Downloads" to the right of the laptop picture.
Click on "Software" under "Manuals & Downloads".
Select Windows 7 against Operating System on the right.
Click the blue "ZIP" button against "Easy Display Manager"

Old 11-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply. This sorted the problem out straight away.