Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

[SOLVED] Printing - text gets cut off at sides

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Printing - text gets cut off at sides within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, Just upgraded to Win7 from XP. I've got an HP Deskjet D4360. I downloaded the latest print drivers from

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 02:29 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

Just upgraded to Win7 from XP.

I've got an HP Deskjet D4360. I downloaded the latest print drivers from HP and installed all that.

However, printing anything without margins set (EG Emails from Outlook, or Web pages) the text on all four sides of the document will be cut off. See below - the first couple of letters are missing from the left of all paragraphs. And the "1" is missing form the "Page 1 of 1" on the right.

So it looks like Windows just need to scale down the whole page a bit....

Any suggestions???

Old 02-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
Sr. Tech, TSF Team Emeritus Microsoft Support Staff

My System

If you go into the printer main panel there should be an option to align or to realign. sometimes it's just two dots that move and you stop it when they're right over each other. Is this a new printer?

Old 02-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi,

Yes I've been though the HP Re-alignment tool. It didn't make any difference....

It's not a new printer - it worked fine on my old XP machine.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:54 AM   #4
Sr. Tech, TSF Team Emeritus Microsoft Support Staff

My System

Does the pages look ok in print preview? One suggestion, if you hold the ctrl key down and use the mouse wheel you can enlarge or make the text smaller. Perhaps making it a bit smaller will make it fit in the printer window.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:19 AM   #5
Registered Member

Hi mcorton,

Thanks for the tip - the page did look OK in Print Preview, but I changed the margins to 1cm anyway, and it then printed fine. :-)

Thanks for the help - much appreciated!