Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

[SOLVED] MBR Error 1 on boot up

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] MBR Error 1 on boot up within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi All Laptop with Win7 Home Premium. Getting message Boot from AHCI CD-ROM MBR Error 1 Press any key to

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi All
Laptop with Win7 Home Premium.

Getting message Boot from AHCI CD-ROM
MBR Error 1 Press any key to boot from floppy.
This laptop does not have a floppy.

Laptop set to boot from CD then HD

Did search found nothing laptop bought without a Win Cd they all seem to be doing this now.

Thanks
Norman

Old 03-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
Registered Member

Hi Norman
Master Boot Record either missing or corrupted. You will need the OS disc to do the repair.
Maybe sector on HD has a recovery partition, you could remove the HD, insert as an extra HD in another machine, access it, and copy recovery partition onto disc. enjoy...
cheers
r

Old 03-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Boot from Windows 7 DVD choose to Fix My Computer. Windows will try and fix, if that fails go to the Command Prompt and type chkdsk /R and press Enter. The Check Disk Utility will try and fix any file damage.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
Registered Member

Thanks guys
That was a nice quick reply,as you say RUSCJAY I thought I would need the OS disc so I have contacted the suppliers of my laptop.
Bought from a good company ebuyer bought loads of computer stuff from them.
Thanks also spunk.funk but as I said no CD supplied with the laptop if I had one I think I could have sorted it just thought you guys might have known another way