Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] internet explorer

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
I am running Windows 7 home edition. For some reason, IE is no where to be found. When I try to reinstall any version, i get a message that I must reboot to use it. When I reboot still nothing. Any ideas?

#6 ·
Re: internet explorer

What version of Windows 7 do you have? (eg) 32bit (x86), or 64bit?
Go to Search and type iexplore.exe and press enter
Or In Windows (File) Explorer browse to C:\Program Files, (x86) if 64 bit. See if there is an Internet Explorer folder, double click iexplore.exe. You can also right click iexplore.exe Send To.. Desktop (make shortcut)

#8 · (Edited)

Browse to C:\Program Files (x86) do you have in Internet Explorer folder there? if not go to Start/Search and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Programs And Features, click on the Turn Windows Features on or off on the Left panel. Put a check in Internet Explorer.

#10 · (Edited)

Hello Exsheeple

Download and run System Update Readiness Tool (SURT)

• Please go Here and download the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT). Save this file to your desktop
  • Go to your desktop and run KB947821
  • When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:
    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log
    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log
SFCFix Script

Warning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.

1. Download SFCFix.exe (by niemiro) and save this to your Desktop.
  2. Download SFCFixScript.txt, and save this to your Desktop. Ensure that this file is named SFCFixScript.txt - do not rename it.
  3. Save any open documents and close all open windows.
  4. On your Desktop, you should see two files: SFCFix.exe and SFCFixScript.txt.
  5. Drag the file SFCFixScript.txt onto the file SFCFix.exe and release it.
  6. SFCFix will now process the script.
  7. Upon completion, a file should be created on your Desktop: SFCFix.txt.
  8. Copy (Ctrl+C) and Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of this file into your next post for me to analyse please - put [CODE][/CODE] tags around the log to break up the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.