Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

[SOLVED] Hpqcxs08

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Hpqcxs08 within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. What is this service? What does it do and what would happen if I disabled it? I have been having

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 09:54 AM   #1
Registered Member

What is this service? What does it do and what would happen if I disabled it?

I have been having great difficulty installing HP printers. I have three (two wi-fi), and can get any one of them to work right, but not the second or third. (I had no problem with the old XP computers I had, only with the VISTA OS on my new Dell Dimension E520).

When I try to install one of the printers, I get an error message that it can't halt the HPQCXS08 service. I tried doing it manually by going to Task Manager-services, and can't do it there, either, but I can go to properties and disable it so it doesn't start up on re-boot. This eliminates the error message, but the insstallation program for the printer hangs up anyway at a later stage of the installation process.

To start with,what is the HPQCXS08 service, why can't I stop it and what happens if I disable it?

Old 11-27-2008, 03:44 PM   #2
Registered Member

By rainmanp7 aka cryogenics
The service named hpqcxs08 is used by HP Software Products to detect and or comunicate to a printer device. Following service path = C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k hpdevmgmt

On my HP Photosmart D7560
When Disabled the Hp Solution center will not detect a HP printer in avalible.
When enabled it pops right up ,and then the software
can read how much ink etc.. and can operate with the printer :)
The printer can then comunicate back to it's software.

I call it a HP Comunication Service :) I hope this helps.