Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] HDTV as monitor on my pc windows too big cant acess buttons?

4K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  asidman 
#1 ·
I have my HDTV set up as my monitor. My Sony Bravia has a vga in connection os i just have it hooked in that way. My resolution is 1360 x 768. My pc video card isn't HD or anything. It is only a Intel integrated low end card. The only problem i have is that some windows are too tall and will not show the bottom portion? Any that i have found so far have been windows that are no realizable. I cant figure out how to fix it. I can resizing the window so i cant use alt +space bar to select re size and use the arrows to resize the window? I dont know what i can do? Some on a site mentions pixel mapping.:4-dontkno

#7 ·
Re: HDTV as monitor on my pc windows too big cant acess buttons?

the tv dont have any adjustments at all for resolution or anything like that?The only options i have are for the aspect mode and for the screen position and i auto adjusted it ? I can manually move it up down left or right but that dont help anything at all?? I wish i could do something about this? I was thinking that pixel mapping would do the trick? I dont know what that means but it sounds promising? LOLOL

#9 ·

ok well i figured it out whhy it was doing that? It was because of the font size(DPI) I had it set to larger 120% If i have it at 100% then i cant read the font from my couch so.... I dont know what to do here? Is there a way to set it bigger without making everything bigger? Cant i change the font size without changing the size of everthing?

#12 ·

Still haven't found this in Vista to be honest. Have you tried a custom DPI setting for your fonts in Vista. On the DPI setting tab, there is a button for Custom DPI.
Maybe someone else knows another way...

#13 ·

yeah when you do a custom dpi settings you cant choose exact size it is in intervals of like 20 so i cant choose anywhere between 100 and 120 percent and i need it somewhere in there? But i have been fidling around with the font size setting in Windowblinds? that is a windows theme skinning program .. I think that i have i figured out so I will just mark this solved? Thanks people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.