Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

[SOLVED] Error "The connection was refused...localhost:5918

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Error "The connection was refused...localhost:5918 within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello...new here and wondering if I have posted my question in the right place. I was using XP Pro and

Old 04-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello...new here and wondering if I have posted my question in the right place.
I was using XP Pro and backing up with memeo on an external 3 TB drive. That computer crashed. The backup is safe and I am currently using windows 7 on a new computer.
When trying to restore a particular data file, either by import or restore...I receive this message, "The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost:5918".
I have tried opening in compatibility mode and as admin. The files appear to be importing but after receiving the above message, I find only the title. No contents. Could this be an issue with my firewall?
I hesitate in telling you that this is a recipe program because I fear you will think it not worth your time. However, this is a cookbook I have been working on for the last 7 years. It contains my family's heritage in food...if you will. Recipes from covered wagon trips across the country and photos to go with them. Also, stories about my ancestors trading biscuits and milk with the Indians...it is priceless to me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you...echolucent

Old 04-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
Windows Tech Team

OS: XP, Windows7-8, Server03, Server08, SBS2008, SBS2011, Server2012

My System

I personaly have never used memeo but the instructions
http://info.memeo.com/rs/memeo/image...%20English.pdf
do not mention a web interface but, it could not hurt to enable port 5918 on the Windows firewall, at least temporarily. once the restore is done you can remove it

I work about 60 hours a week and spend the rest of my time with Family and a couple of online communities, so please be patient when waiting for a reply
Tomshawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:17 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you so much. I did as you instructed and was able to restore my files. I also closed the port when I was finished. All seem to be as it should.
Again...thank you for your time.
echolucent
Old 05-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
Windows Tech Team

OS: XP, Windows7-8, Server03, Server08, SBS2008, SBS2011, Server2012

My System

Any time, dont forget to click Solved in the thread tools dropdown

;)

I work about 60 hours a week and spend the rest of my time with Family and a couple of online communities, so please be patient when waiting for a reply
Tomshawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #5
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Done for you

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
joeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:24 AM   #6
Registered Member

Thank you all!

echo