Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

[SOLVED] Does Windows Easy Transfer retain Group Policy Settings?

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Does Windows Easy Transfer retain Group Policy Settings? within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Does Windows Easy Transfer retain Group Policy Settings?

Old 03-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Does Windows Easy Transfer retain Group Policy Settings?

Old 03-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Also, Do I have to make a new capture image for each OS? ex. One for Win 7, Server 2008 R2, ect...

I already have one but used a Win 7 boot image to create it, and now im going to capture a fresh Server 2008 R2 image, but want to know if I can use the Capture image I created using the Win 7 boot image?

Old 03-13-2013, 03:05 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

Easy transfer just copies personal files, documents, music, pictures etc. It does not backup programs or Group Policy settings.
spunk.funk is online now   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IE7 cannot connect with secure sites
Hi...my problem with IE7 may well be part of a bigger problem. However at the moment every time I try to connect with microsoft.com or other M/soft sites I get the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page". The same applies with any site resembling anti virus s/ware or other...
raringer Internet Explorer Forum 6 05-21-2012 11:27 AM
ALL files hidden. XP REPAIR "16375588.exe"
Hit a nasty link last nite and noticed Java icon pop up in the task bar. Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up task manager and it said disabled by administrator which is me and I did not do. Soon all files were hidden and only option on screen was "XP Repair" pop up. I only seem to get control in safe...
mrfurrypants Resolved HJT Threads 13 07-07-2011 06:16 PM
Some kind of redirect on computer (Monster Marketplace)
I don't know how this happened, but something has gotten into my computer that constantly redirects anything I click on. If I enter a search in the box, that does OK, but whenever I click on anything, there's a high likelihood that what I've clicked on won't come up - quite often, Monster...
Calgirl Resolved HJT Threads 198 05-23-2011 06:01 AM
Aggravating Google Redirect Virus on Wife's Computer
my wife's laptop suddenly is getting the redirect on google searches. i know this is one of your common problems to fix. i had the same problem on my computer about a year ago and your help was the only way i got rid of it on my computer. this computer runs updated version of webroot securities....
scott1nc Inactive Malware Help Topics 36 04-20-2011 04:27 AM
bad image error and norton 360
Hi, My initial problem was trying to get rid of the "Bad Image" error message that has been popping up on literally every file and folder on my PC (Windows XP). Situation has gone from bad to worse as i installed norton 360 5.0. Now nothing works, unable to connect to the internet, unable to...
royalmc Resolved HJT Threads 25 04-07-2011 07:36 AM