Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

[SOLVED] Device Display Object Function Discovery Provider

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Device Display Object Function Discovery Provider within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello...I am running Windows 7 64-Bit. Recently, I was accessing the Devices and Printers menu (from the Start Menu) and

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello...I am running Windows 7 64-Bit. Recently, I was accessing the Devices and Printers menu (from the Start Menu) and received the following error, which of course, stops me from seeing my printers:

Device Display Object Function Discovery Provider has stopped working.

Does anyone know how to correct this? I tried the "find an online solution option" the error gave me, but that did not do anything.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:11 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team

Strange...

Welcome ng2dude.

If this problem has only just started occurring, I suggest you run System Restore and restore to a point before this problem occurred.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you. I just tried a system restore to the earliest point available, but the condition still exists. Please let me know if you have any other ideas.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:49 AM   #4
Windows Tech Team

A few things to try:
> - Update all of your drivers (graphics card, audio, printer, everything).

> - Run System File Checker:
- Click on the Start button/globe.
- Type cmd.exe and run as administrator
- Then enter sfc /scannnow

After restarting your system, check to see if the error still occurs.

If it does, I suggest you restart your system into Safe Mode, then see if it occurs.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
Registered Member

Thank You. The issue is fixed. I am just not sure what step fixed it between the driver updates or running the System File Checker. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
Windows Tech Team

I am very glad that your problem is solved!

Please could you set the forum as solved using the thread tools at the top of the page.

Thank you.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:10 AM   #7
Registered Member

This problem only occurs with a specific user, when I logon I don't have the problem.