Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 1525 - Screen goes black after POST screen?

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  bailtech 
#1 ·
Hi,

I've been working on a dell inspiron 1525 today and cant figure what is causing this problem.

The laptop boots, displays the post screen, and then the screen goes black.
You can boot into BIOS,
You can boot into the Boot menu.

You cannot boot into safe mode, the f8 key does nothing,
when using the boot menu, u can't boot into a windows disc to reload the operating system, it just goes black.
I did however manage to boot into a linux cd i have and run a HDD test (what passed) and a memory test (what also passed).

It does exactly the same on an external monitor aswell so I am lost with this one.

Any ideas would be appreciated

#4 ·
Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 - Screen goes black after POST screen?

Hi,

Solved the issue myself, would recommened taking your computer to a professional if this problem occurs but if you feel confident enough, and you have the software, this is what I done..

I managed to boot into a disk running linux (Active @ Password Changer) {http://www.password-changer.com/}

I backed up all documents, pictures, videos, favourites, desktop files etc. on to an external HDD

I then run the check disk (chkdsk /F) utility that is installed on the disk to fix any errors that may be on the disk

Once that had completed, I restarted the machine, Booted into a windows vista disk, reformatted the hard drive, installed vista, installed the drivers that were missing, run windows updates and everything seems to be working fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.