Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

[SOLVED] Can't install Ad-Aware

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Can't install Ad-Aware within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I wanted to install several times already lavasoft's ad-aware on a laptop (x86, Windows 7, HP). I first downloaded

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 04:05 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I wanted to install several times already lavasoft's ad-aware on a laptop (x86, Windows 7, HP). I first downloaded the Ad-Aware installer, then I clicked on it, and it started to download something which apparently started the installation, asked for language options etc. This so far worked well in any other computers. But here when it asks for reboot, and I reboot, the software is not there! There is no "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\Ad-Aware.exe" There is not even a Lavasoft folder anywhere in the hidden and system folders. So, ad-aware installation makes no effect. I can't install the software. Any idea?
Cheers

Old 06-26-2012, 04:09 AM   #2
Volunteer

My System

Hey akofalvi

Are you using the paid version or the free version of Ad-Aware? Also, what other security programs do you have installed on your computer?

Submit New Articles Here

Linux User #565010

It's never about how good you are, it's about how much you can change lives.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:22 AM   #3
Enthusiast

On Lavasoft's own support forum it's clear that others are having the same problem with the latest Ad-Aware version - most notably on 64-bit Windows 7.

One of those affected was able to solve the problem by first running Windows "System File Checker" which presumably fixed something that wasn't right.

Open a command-prompt window and type SFC /SCANNOW
Old 06-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Support Visiting Expert
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

akofalvi

* Have you addressed your query to the Lavasoft Forum?

* When your current problem has been addressed / resolved to your satisfaction I would suggest you consider Malwarebytes {free or Pro}

Malwarebytes : Download free malware, virus and spyware tools to get your computer back in shape!

* What other Security Software is on your system?

Old 06-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

You may try and pursue installing Ad Aware but the software is not very effective these days. It has been eclipsed with software that does a much better job. JMH3143 said, we suggest using Malwarebytes for Malware removal. What is your Anti-Virus software?
Old 06-26-2012, 04:10 PM   #6
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.

Hi, yes please take the advice MalwareBytes would serve you better.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:19 AM   #7
Registered Member

OK, thank you all for the precious help. I will do these. Cheers, have a nice day!
Old 06-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Support Visiting Expert
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Good luck & safe surfing!

Closed Thread