Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Can not uninstall Cyberlink suite.

40K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  jcgriff2 
#1 ·
Hello,
I got Cyberlink DVD suite preinstalled on my HP laptop and i want to get rid of it but no success. I tried to use Add/remove but it kept throwing a lot of blue uninstall icons on taskbar and nothing happened. (may be about 30 of same kind and was increasing) i finally had to shut down the computer without uninstall. Then I tried Revo Uninstaller, same thing happened when it tried to uninstall.
I searched around on net and found one tool supposed to be from Cyberlink to uninstall. Unfortunategly, it runs DOS programs and ask permission to run, display uninstalled successfully messages in seconds (in fact 7-8 times).
Now, Non of the cyberlink programs are listed on Add/Remove and Revo unintaller also can not list the program but all of its components, DVD suite, Power2Go, label printer and Power director are all there.
At first I though they are just the leftover icons/files but no they are the full programs when i click it runs the full program.
How can i completely uninstall it from my computer.
I am running Windows 7, 64x bit on this laptop.
Thanks a lot in advance.

#3 ·
#5 ·
Re: Can not uninstall Cyberlink suite.

Run Windows System restore - choose restore point prior to initial Cyberlink uninstall via appwiz.cpl -
START | type rstrui

Then see if Revo can remove it.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`
Thank you.
Finally after System Restore, Revo was able to locate Cyberlink programs. Had to remove each program one by one........ Every time there was error message and uninstallation was said failed. But hope Revo is able to clean all the remaining traces.
What a horrible program is this, which can not be uninstalled any way and funny thing is
While I try to uninstall Power2GO, one of the error message is "Power2Go is detected on your system and need to uninstall before this".
I guess very poorly designed uninstaller.
thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.