Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Black screen of Death Before Log in appears and no cursor

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  joeten 
#1 · (Edited)
It started on Wednesday i was reading online and decided to leave my room for like 5 mins or more when i came back and click on my screen it started to act weird doing many strange things so i decided to turn it off and turn it back on, click on Firefox but did it again. i shut down the computer and try to log in but this time after i log in i couldn't see the screen just it was there but no icons.... shut down the pc and went into the safe mode everything was fine so id decided run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and only one type of bug showed up: Pup.optional.Delta.A so i quarantined it and deleted it afterwards. Restarted my computer and everything was fine no problems at all like nothing after happen....

now here my current situation:
so i click on Firefox and starting reading again but after maybe 15 mins or more it started to act weird again.... so i restarted and PC beep as usual then the Starting windows logo appeared AFTER that Finished.. my problems begin i get no Log on screen IT"S All black with no cursor.....

So far i can only get into my log on screen by going into Safe mode or Disabling AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series by going into device manger in display adapters section (i don't think my motherboard has on-board graphics) if i disable the graphics card it boots up normal..

Try to scans again and again and used recommended sites to get rid of any bugs,etc i got rid of them all but no problems solved....

try error-checking in properties slash tools section used that but nothing was fixed.

try to uninstall the card in device manger and restarted it successfully installed but when i restarted again it goes back to a black screen....

try to install new drivers for the card but no Fix

i even try to take out graphics card inside my computer and install it another slot but no fix

cant used ctrl-alt-delete when black screen shows up

reset bios but no fix

used a restore point but no fix

i also have windows 7 home premium and it's a desktop

i have try everything and i am seriously Tired Now thinking of buying a cheap graphics card and see if that the problem but i just want a second opinion or before i try to reinstall the whole damn thing......

i might have missed a few thing ill add them if i do

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: Black screen of Death Before Log in appears and no cursor

Ok, we can try doing a clean boot https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135 read carefully and once you have things as described, start adding back one thing at a time and reboot after each new item has been added, this will possibly take some time, the idea being that one item might trigger the issue and following the steps suggested, could allow you to find the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.