Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] After win7 install, 2nd partition has renamed itself to Recovery Partition

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kakao 
#1 ·
Hi
As the topic says; after installation of a fresh copy from the original disc win7, my second partition "D" has been renamed itself to the Recovery Partition. You can see it only in the application "Disk Management". I do not have access into it at all. When I click the right mouse button “help” option appears only . There are very important files to me.
I tried to use EASEUS Partition Master but I'm afraid of losing data.
Please help.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Re: After inst win7, 2nd partition has been renamed itself to the Recovery Partition

Have you taken the install disc out ? Sounds dumb but the d: partition is generally a reserved partition and indicates your CD-ROM drive, to me it looks like your install disc, the file system is UDF which is universal disc format, you have two recovery partitions on top. Remove the disk, reboot. Then choose a different letter other than D for your recovery partition.. Best to start with z

The fact that the file encryption is UDF, you will not have the ability to modify it, its not NTFS, FAT or FAT32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.