Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

SM Bus Controller

This is a discussion on SM Bus Controller within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Lenovo H415 with an A6-3600 APU. I had to do a fresh install of Win 7 after

Old 05-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Lenovo H415 with an A6-3600 APU.

I had to do a fresh install of Win 7 after a crash

I have downloaded the latest catalyst drivers from AMD and installed them. I then went to Lenovo site to look for more drivers to resolve the only conflict I have left. SM BUS controller.

this driver support site at lenovo Drivers and software - Lenovo H415 Desktop revealed 3 chipsets for AMD.

I eliminated the first because it said USB 3.0 which I don't have.

I downloaded the other two and the 1.22 MB download is corrupted which left me with this one AMD Chipset Driver for Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - IdeaCentre K315,Lenovo H415

AMD Chipset Driver
ID2CHP22WW5.exe
23MB

That did not resolve my conflict so I went to catalyst site again and downloaded AMD Driver autodetect and it said I have the latest driver installed.

Lenovo support is worthless and they cant help. They never sent a restore disk with drivers

Old 05-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

OS: Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Update 1, Windows 7 SP1 x64 & x86, VISTA SP2 x64 & x86, Windows XP SP3

My System

Check in the Device manager to see what AMD chipset you have.

What is the Hardware ID?

Old 05-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
Registered Member

I thought I only had to install catalyst drivers, but there was also catalyst chipset drivers as well which resolved my problem which I found here in case anyone ever comes upon this thread AMD Chipset Drivers

no shock that Lenovo did not have the correct drivers on their drivers support site

thank you

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Xp slow boot after splash screen
After the Windows Xp splash screen I get about 30 to 40 seconds of blackness (could be more) before the cursor appears. When I start in Safe Mode it takes a long time to load mup.sys but that could just be because it's the last one to load. Here's by most recent ntbtlog.txt: Service...
Sulla Windows XP Support 5 06-17-2013 10:29 AM
no audio after installing XP Pro SP3 to IBM T60
Sound worked fine before installing XP Pro SP3......after instal, no audio. No audio after installing XP Pro SP3 (from disc) on an IBM/Lenovo T60 ThinkPad. IBM/Lenovo drivers from Lenovo Support site for "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" are not recognized when trying to install...
Ray G Windows XP Support 19 11-20-2012 07:15 AM
Help with blue screen and bug check
My machine bug checked tonight, it has been freezing for a long time but finally generated a dmp file tonight, so I am happy about that. Windbg says the following, can anyone help me determine what is causing this, or translate the windbg file? System specs are at the bottom, thank you.
gte BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 27 04-18-2012 10:19 PM
Plese help me friends i cant find drivers for my system .I am going to use windows XP
THIS IS MY SYSTEM DEVICE LIST: Device Information Listing for jeeva@FGH-EB4E4A240EF - 2/16/2012 10:25:07 PM Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC Chip: Realtek Semiconductor RTL8139/810x Fast Ethernet Adapter Detail PnpID VEN_10EC&DEV_8139&SUBSYS_813910EC&REV_10
jeeva2012 Driver Support 8 02-18-2012 12:48 PM
HP Compaq NC6230 chipset problem
hello, i have a problem with my HP compaq NC6230 notebook. i`m trying to fix it since a week, i`m going to describe what i actually did: 1 it did`nt want to work with the HDD (i think its got a very picky motherboard) and its always showed an error message "1782-disk controller failure" and...
Zs0lt Motherboards, Bios & CPU 7 07-18-2011 02:02 PM