Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Severe drop in performance, for no reason. Vista 32 Home Premium.

This is a discussion on Severe drop in performance, for no reason. Vista 32 Home Premium. within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I'm currently running Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 bit software. My machine specs are as follows, Intel quad Q6600

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

Hello,
I'm currently running Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 bit software.
My machine specs are as follows,

Intel quad Q6600 2.40Ghz

Nvidia Geforce 8800GT

4GB Ram, 3 since I'm not using 64 bit I guess.

Creative Sound blasyer X-fi Fatality edition.
The one with the remote and extra inputs in the front.

500 watt PSU, I believe Corsair?

I've recently began using this pc again for the Game Aion, and before now I've never had a problem like the one I'm about to describe,

Basically, what it seems to be is that when I'm pushing the computer too hard, running Windows Media Player, Aion maxed out in windowed mode, MSN and all that fun stuff, It'll freeze up and just stop working, sound and all for abour 40 seconds, some times it will unfreeze for about 3 seconds, then do it all over again.
It became debilitating because I couldn't get anything done.
I defragged, ran a registry cleaner, all that.
It got to the point where I re-installed Windows, which has been my cure-all in the past.
doesn't work,

Now this even happens when I'm simply running Aion in fullscreen, with medium settings.
It will freeze for 40 seconds, then be fine again, usually in heavily populated areas, the reasong i'm not posting in the Gaming forum is because this happens with any memory-hogging app.

This is unusual for me because this EXACT Pc, same hardware used to run Crysis maxed out, with music, TS, MSN, and some times even other games without even the slightest hint of freezing.

Some of my drivers may be out of wack, I re installed my sound card and video drivers again, wondering what else I can do?
It's only recently hapenned since I updated last week, before I re installed Windows I did a system restore and it was fine for a day, then it all hapenned again and not even restore worked.
When I re installed I turned automatic updating off in case it WAS that update, but it wasn't.
I'm still having it happen.

So, I'm sorry if I was rushed there, I'm typing this as I run out the door.
if you need clarification on anything please let me know, I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks again.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:19 PM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

What are you using for protection on your system? Internet Security, Antivirus, Antispyware, Firewall, etc?

Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hello, I'm not currently using any.
I have some improperly installed Symantec that I've been meaning to remove since last night.
I don't see how it could be the same virus 2 times, especially since I just re installed last night.

I've attached that file, by the way.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SystemInfo.zip (50.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 11-03-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Your wired network device has issues. Are you able to connect to the internet? Do you use a wired or wireless connection?

2 out of the 5 errors that I found occurred in sqlite.dll I dunno if this has any bearing on your issue, but I'd recommend updating that program: http://www.sqlite.org/download.html

Beyond that, I'd post back in the games forum because it doesn't happen in Crysis, but does happen in Aion
Closed Thread