Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Services can be stopped ?

This is a discussion on Services can be stopped ? within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Which Windows Services can be Stopped for normal functioning of my system , without hampering my network or Wireless Internet

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
Registered Member

Which Windows Services can be Stopped for normal functioning of my system , without hampering my network or Wireless Internet or USB dongle ?

Old 05-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
Moderator - Microsoft Support Team

What services can be safely stopped depends on detailed knowledge of your system and configuration. But why do you wish to do this? Services should only be stopped or modified if you have a good reason and understand what you are doing. If you are hoping to improve performance you will likely be disappointed. Unless a service is causing a problem or your system is seriously short on memory stopping services will avail you very little.

If you can provide some details on what you are trying to accomplish we should be able to help.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sony's PlayStation Network and Qriocity services almost restored
Sony appears to be close to ending a two-week long outage of its PlayStation Network. The company said late Thursday that it is in the final stages of internal testing of the new system, but it stopped short of saying when the popular online gaming service would resume operations. Sony has been...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 2 05-12-2011 09:01 AM
Can't find BIOS upgrade
Hi. Every time I try to install any version of Windows, I get an error that my BIOS does not support ACPI. In XP, I could simply use F7 to make the setup ignore that, but now I am trying to install 7 and it won't work at all, so I have to find a solution. The solution would be to update my BIOS. I...
Kuky Motherboards, Bios & CPU 14 05-03-2011 02:05 PM
Everything stopped working NEED HELP ASAP!!!
Hey guys i'm back ( sorta ) i have a serious problem, Everytime i open a program it says " X Stopped working " Doesn't matter what program it is and where do i run it from, I first found it out when i ran CCleaner and it said " R6002 - floating point support not loaded " since then i always get a...
WarezTD Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 0 04-19-2011 07:12 AM
BSOD on my home Win7 HTPC [moved from V/7]
I have an HTPC that I built dedicated to running Windows Media Center. Media Center and supporting apps are all that it does and I do not install software on there beyond my based Media Center applications. Recently I have started to get a BSOD with different messages. One time it says...
AndresE BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 27 02-15-2011 09:11 PM
Am I now clean ? Malware.trace removed
I regularly scan with Malwarebyes and less often with SuperAntiSpyware , Spybot, and Avast AV. A scan with MB detected nothing. However, a scan with SAS found Malware.trace and quarantined it. The only listed problem was one registery entry...
Totten Resolved HJT Threads 80 01-08-2011 02:38 PM