Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagate External Harddrive error

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jn667 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a problem with my Seagate external harddrive. It won't let my computer start. It stops at the BIOS screen and does nothing. I tried pressing the BIOS setup or System recovery but it doesn't work. I found out that my external harddrive was the problem after serveral tries. I took the plug out of my computer and restarted it. It worked fine. I plugged it back in again to the computer and it was detected in Device Manager but not detected on Windows. In Device Manager it said there was no problem at all. However when I clicked computer the external harddrive didn't show up. I also have to mention that I dropped my harddrive accidentally. It keeps making a beeping noise every other second. It was a regular beep, nothing out of the ordinary. I also tried diagnosticing my drive. However that was a problem too. It made another error. I also tried to plug the external harddrive to another computer and it also made the beeping noise and it didn't show up on the otehr computer. I'm starting to think that this is an external error with the parts inside than internal with software and other stuff. I don't think that I like recovering my data with experts because it costs a lot of cash. The ohter option is to replace my drive with another one from seagate. The warranty is still on and won't expire in a while. Oh yeah and I just recently discovered that on the other computer I tested the drive on it starts up when I plug it in before I start the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.