Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Safe Mode From Boot Menu Wont Open+fix?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  jenae 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone, as mentioned i have the safe mode directly into my boot menu. but it no longer will open, it goes straight to the window start up. how can i get safe mode to boot from the menu? Thanks

#3 ·
Hi, so you have added a safe mode entry to your bootloader (bcdedit) just safe mode, or safe mode with networking? I can understand someone doing this is win 10 or 8, however windows seven still allows F8.

Does your bootloader entry show under "boot' in Msconfig? you need to check safe mode "minimal' or network" hot buttons then check "make all boot settings permanent", for this to stay. Maybe you could give us a copy:- cmd as admin type:- bcdedit /enum > 0 & notepad 0 (press enter) post the notepad outcome here.

#7 ·
Hi, in your first post you said you have safe mode in your boot menu. We need to know how you did this, convention is to modify the bcdedit, using cmd prompt, you need also to reset msconfig as I detailed in my first post. Remember we cannot see what you are doing if you want our help try and give us as much info as possible. You did not answer DB coopers question, regarding computer details, either.

The bcdedit /enum cmd is valid should show your boot loader and boot manager..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.