Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

router login cannot access without windows security password

This is a discussion on router login cannot access without windows security password within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. netgear router WGR614.v9 Cannot login without windows security password. Nothing is working in the password space. I cannot find a

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
Registered Member

netgear router WGR614.v9
Cannot login without windows security password. Nothing is working in the password space. I cannot find a reset button on router and without logging in to it, how do I reset? Have tried to access with ip address and it cannot be found. 401 error because I cannot provide the right password.
Changed a setting earlier that supposedly would make it invisible to outsiders, now nowhere is existence!!! Laptop cannot find a connection available either.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

If you are plugged into the Router and you have internet connection, go to Start/Search and type CMD and press enter. In the Command Prompt type ipconfig /all and press enter. The Default Gateway for your Local Area Connection (assuming your connecting through Ethernet Cable) is your Routers IP Address. If you haven't reset your routers password, here is Netgear web site with the Default Password
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bad image error and norton 360
Hi, My initial problem was trying to get rid of the "Bad Image" error message that has been popping up on literally every file and folder on my PC (Windows XP). Situation has gone from bad to worse as i installed norton 360 5.0. Now nothing works, unable to connect to the internet, unable to...
royalmc Resolved HJT Threads 25 04-07-2011 07:36 AM
Hotmail keep sending emails to my contacts
Help, my hotmail account keeps sending ads to all my contacts regarding a work at home scam.
bjarvis44281 Inactive Malware Help Topics 3 04-05-2011 05:15 AM
Start menu programs gone, Icons, files and folders hidden, random audio, IE redirect
Last night, I was surfing the net. Suddenly audio started playing on my speakers, and desktop icons started disappearing. Then I got a notice like "your IDE/SATA drive has failed....." i hit control+alt+delete, and it said task manager has been disabled by the administrator, which, or course is me...
ynpguy Resolved HJT Threads 16 04-02-2011 09:23 PM
Random popups and site redirecting virus
Hello, I'm new to the forum and my problem is that I'm being redirected to unwanted sites like Tazinga or Binkx. I'm running Windows XP and my laptop is about 7 years old. Any help would be great! Here are the Hijack specc UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG. IF REQUESTED,...
Hexamus Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 01-11-2011 07:15 PM