Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[resolved]help making a recovery disk

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  60307a 
#1 ·
hey i just bought a dell inspiron 6400 and wanted to make a recovery disk on it... dell has a partition drive i think with all the files for it.. but can someone tell me howto make the actual disk as a recovery disk.. sorry new to softwares

#2 ·
Re: help making a recovery disk

Hey,
windows Vista actually comes with integrated software to hlp in backing up and restoying.

In control panel click the icon - backup and restore center.
there are then two options
- Back up files
- Restore Files

change the settings in back up files. there you are able to back up files to a cd etc and choose what files you want to backup

however if you are looking to make a cd that u can boot from or use to recover corrupted files etc you will most likely need to download a 3rd party software.

Some easy to use ones are
Acronis or R-Drive Image, though they are only trials.

Hope that helps

#6 ·

Hello,

My name is Richard; I am part of Dell's Online Community Outreach group here in Round Rock, Texas. I can answer your question relating to Windows OS backup cd creation. This was something we offered a couple of years ago; it was called On-Drive OS Media. We have since discontinued that option on our systems.

If you require assistance with obtaining a copy of Windows or drivers/utilities cd, call us at 1-800-822-8965, and we will send one out to you right away.

Regards,

Richard B
Online Community Outreach

#7 ·

Hello,

My name is Richard; I am part of Dell's Online Community Outreach group here in Round Rock, Texas. I can answer your question relating to Windows OS backup cd creation. This was something we offered a couple of years ago; it was called On-Drive OS Media. We have since discontinued that option on our systems.

If you require assistance with obtaining a copy of Windows or drivers/utilities cd, call us at 1-800-822-8965, and we will send one out to you right away.

Regards,

Richard B
Online Community Outreach
HP wins again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.