Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

RESOLVED: Calculator keeps opening itself up.

This is a discussion on RESOLVED: Calculator keeps opening itself up. within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Yes, you read that correctly. My otherwise fine vista installation keeps opening calculator vg in front of what I'm doing,

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

Yes, you read that correctly. My otherwise fine vista installation keeps opening calculator vg in front of what I'm doing, often with at least 10 or 20 windows at a time.

I have absolutley no idea what provokes this behavior.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:24 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi, click on Start/Run, type msconfig, ok, look under startup to check no crap programs are starting with windows.
Also, check your Task Manager by right-clicking on the taskbar at the bottom of your dektop. A quick way of seeing what progs and services are running.
See if it happens in Safe Mode?
Also, do a full scan with Defender and any Anti-Virus software you have.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:22 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndog777 View Post
Hi, click on Start/Run, type msconfig, ok, look under startup to check no crap programs are starting with windows.
Also, check your Task Manager by right-clicking on the taskbar at the bottom of your dektop. A quick way of seeing what progs and services are running.
See if it happens in Safe Mode?
Also, do a full scan with Defender and any Anti-Virus software you have.
I'm an idiot. Turns out the monitor was sitting on one of my keyboard's "quick access" keys.

Thanks anyway. (I am normally much smarter than this.)
Old 05-25-2007, 03:10 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodalco View Post
I'm an idiot. Turns out the monitor was sitting on one of my keyboard's "quick access" keys.

Thanks anyway. (I am normally much smarter than this.)
LOL! I think we've all had this happen before!
Vista Repair
Downgrade Vista
Old 05-25-2007, 03:44 PM   #5
Happy to support TSF!

My System

True...some people have replaced their systems for less than this so well spotted mate