Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Reinstalled vista on computer now internet wont work

This is a discussion on Reinstalled vista on computer now internet wont work within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I had alot of stuff on one of my computers so i deleted everything and reinstalled vista so i would

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
Registered Member

I had alot of stuff on one of my computers so i deleted everything and reinstalled vista so i would have a fresh start... now when i finished installing i went to use the wireless and it did not work so i plugged it in and still nothing.... windows says did not detect any networking hardware... i am using another computer i have at the moment so is there anyway i can get updates or something to fix this problem?

Old 12-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus

Have you installed the drivers for the wireless device?

Download them on the computer that has access then use a USB drive or similar to copy them to the computer without access.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #3
Visiting Expert
Microsoft Support Team

OS: W7 Pro, W7 Ultimate, Vista Ultimate, Windows XP Pro, Linux (Ubuntu)

My System

Send a message via Yahoo to Michael_Larsen

Usually you need to load the chipset drivers. Go to your computer manufacturer's website and download the chipset drivers for your system and also look to see if they have other network-related drivers.

Good day!

Mike
Old 12-08-2010, 03:28 AM   #4
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.

Hi, welcome to the forums, good advice from the previous posters, when you reinstall an OS it is good practice to check the device manager for any devices that may not have been installed, the chipset driver usually takes care of most, however sometimes you need to hunt down device drivers yourself. Go to start search and type devmgmt.msc click on the returned search and look for any yellow ? marks to indicate a problem. Post back if you are having difficulties.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:22 AM   #5
Registered Member

If you have all the Disks that came with that Computer the Drivers should be on one of them. But there is most likely a updated version of them on the website of the Manufacturer.