Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reimage

SOLVED 
3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  utah 
#1 ·
Every so often I get a screen from something called Reimage that says my PC has critical errors and to download their app to fix. What is this - is it a scam? I only get it on one of my Vista PCs. I keep reading mixed reviews about this app. How do I get rid of it w/o actually using the app. (I must admit that this PC is slow and at times crabby. What can I run instead of Reimage? Does Microsoft have anything that fixes problems?)

#7 ·
AdwCleaner and the free version of MalwareBytes can help you clean unwanted junk off your computer. I think I've used Hitman Pro, too, and it was helpful.
You should also be certain to do all the other scans spunk.funk suggested. Thoroughness is the key to making sure malware is completely gone.

#8 ·
Thanks for your suggestions - I've been out of town, so haven't gotten to it yet. But some poking around I did just before I left, at least got Reimage stopped as opposed to automatically running all the time. Will let you know my results.

#9 ·
Tried running all programs (Zemana, Malwarebytes and HitmanPro) as recommended. Zemana couldn't be found and HitmanPro just spun its wheels. So, not as recommended spunk.funk, just ran Malwarebytes. It came up with 100+ items installed by Reimage and no other threats. Hopefully this took care of it completely. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.