Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Recently changed name of Windows 7 user account

This is a discussion on Recently changed name of Windows 7 user account within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I am running Win7 Home Premium on a ZT desktop and recently changed the name of my user account

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,
I am running Win7 Home Premium on a ZT desktop and recently changed the name of my user account so that I can sync files with my laptop also runnung Win 7 Home Premium. Problem: It seems that most of my files are still listed under the old "file path" instead of a file path utilizing the new name of the user account. This is an administrator account. For example: my custom dictionary has a file path of C:\Users\JPL\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\UProof\CUSTOM.DIC - when it should be C:\Users\PWM\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\UProof\CUSTOM.DIC - Should I just leave well enough alone since everything seems to be working okay or will this create problems in the future? Do I need to re-index all of my files? If so, what is the best way to do this?
Thanks for your input.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Microsoft MVP
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

See if post #2 helps - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...6-77232207c7e2
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows XP randomly hangs (Detailed Post)
Greetings, So I bought my computer nearly 6 years ago which worked fine until I tried upgrading it with some extra RAM and a 500 GB harddisk about a year back. A couple of months in, I was bombarded with BSOD and with trial and error, found the RAM was faulty and had it replaced. I had another...
Juicer90 Windows XP Support 9 04-10-2012 12:11 AM
windows 7 and bios
sup guys i have a question. If I restore windows 7 to factory settings, does it change to the bios version i had when i bought the computer? thanks and happy easter
ComputerFreak Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 7 04-09-2012 11:04 AM
HELP! Windows is broken. Tweaked registry, now I can't restore
I was trying to move the rest of my c\program files and c\program files x86 to another hard drive, as I tweaked the registry after I've installed a few things there. I initally booted into a boot disk to change the name of c\program files/x86, booted into windows, realized a few things were...
wkw427 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 7 04-06-2012 07:52 PM
Windows ME +bt home hub????
Hoping someone can help! My parents had a bt home hub 3 delivered, however when I went to set it up for them I found their computer is windows ME. Has anybody dealt with this before or know how to set-up home hub 3 with windows ME? Wanting to have a cabled connection btw. Thanks:smile:
janehub Win 98 & ME Support 7 04-06-2012 12:26 PM
Unable to delete from outbox of Outlook Express (file too large)
I am unable to delete from my outbox in Outlook Express. I have an email which is too large and it is putting a stop on me sending further emails.
cattle Windows XP Support 1 04-06-2012 04:25 AM