Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Search Bar (F3 or Ctrl+F) popping up all the time and take over the PC

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
On my Dell laptop, I have the problem of Quick Search Bar (F3 or Ctrl+F) popping up all the time and take over the PC. That is, for example, when I am typing on the search box of Google Chrome, suddenly Quick Search Bar pops up and the text starts getting typed there. Then, because text is in the search bar, it starts searching the Chrome page that is open. So I cannot proceed further, typing in the search box of Google Chrome. When I close the search bar, it appears again. The same is with Windows explorer. The seach bar on the top right hand side of Windows Explorer gets activated and it starts flickering with the words I had typed earlier for searching.

I have Avast antivirus in the laptop. I also installed UnThreat Free Antivirus (UFA). UFA found a trojan and quarantined it. TDSSKiller did not find anything in the laptop. Running Malwarebytes in Safe Mode also did not help. Scanning with 360 Total Security did not find any malware.

In fact, I reinstalled Windows 7 as a clean install.

But this problem of Quick Search Bar is not going away. It is a nuisance. I disabled Windows Search completely by going to 'Turn Windows Services On or Off'.

Request help in getting the nuisance off my laptop.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.