Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSEvents message won't go away

SOLVED 
1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
Ever since yesterday, I keep getting the following message:

I don't know what program this belongs to, but I ran an antivirus scan (quick, not full) and nothing came up. This message is extremely annoying as it will pop up multiple times (around 5 - 7) a day if I don't minimize it. A full restart of the computer doesn't sole the problem and I don't see anything suspicious in msconfig/startup.

My antivirus program is Panda Free Antivirus v. 16.0.2. I did a quick online search for PSEvents and found an article claiming that it's a Panda program, but I don't know what to make of it. Also, PSEvents isn't psevents.exe, as attempting to run that program yields an error message saying that Windows can't find it.

How do I get this annoying pop-up to go away?

See less See more
#3 ·
I installed the hotfix but can't find the file folder listed to ensure the Downloads folder is read only. I don't have a Program Data folder, just Program Files, and when I followed the trail, there was no Downloads folder in existence. Hopefully the hotfix is all I need.

#5 ·
Thanks.

The error message came up after installing the hotfix, but then it seemed to have disappeared after that. I'll give it another day or so to see if it's truly gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.