Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Programs won't start, have to restart computer

This is a discussion on Programs won't start, have to restart computer within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys, lately I've been having a problem where I try to open a program, but the loading circle appears

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi guys, lately I've been having a problem where I try to open a program, but the loading circle appears next to my cursor, and nothing happens, it just keep spinning. I have to restart my computer for it to work.

A typical day:
-Try to open Firefox, problem as I described happens
-Restart Computer
-Firefox works!
-Done with Firefox, open Grabd Theft Auto (a video game)
-problem occurs
-Restart computer
-Grand Theft Auto works!

But sometimes, restarting won't help, and I have to do it another time, and sometimes I have to turn off my computer, wait a bit and then turn it on.

Has anyone ever ahd this problem before?

Thanks!

Old 03-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
Registered Member

Could be your HD failing, recommend you run diagnostics on it from the BIOS. If nothing, try running "chkdsk -r" via command prompt ( run>cmd). If that doesnt fix it, get a program that checks your registry there may be something screwy in there. I hate to advertise but I use ccleaner's registry fix on all my computers. Make sure you BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY before fixing it. And if all those fun shinanigains dont work, Look into your services and see whats running, something could be taking up CPU power that you dont even need running.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
Registered Member

yaa first check HDD status if it is ok then go for..

xP: run c cleaner , combio fix and remove startup tickmarks in msconfig

windows7: c cleaner ,check performance monitor in control pannel to check which is slowing ur computer

case 2: just login with administrator , if every thing works fine
then its a profile problem

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search