Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Programs not showing up on Control Panel's Add/Remove

This is a discussion on Programs not showing up on Control Panel's Add/Remove within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm using Vista 32 Ultimate and I downloaded some crap I want to uninstall, but they won't show up on

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 11:22 PM   #1
Registered Member

I'm using Vista 32 Ultimate and I downloaded some crap I want to uninstall, but they won't show up on the Add/Remove programs control panel thing.

I know they exists because their directories are in Program Files, and I have working icons on my desktop. Also, there's no uninstall executable inside of the program file itself.

What can I do to uninstall this stuff?

Thanks

Old 03-30-2008, 01:24 AM   #2
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Microsoft MVP
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryjr88 View Post
I'm using Vista 32 Ultimate and I downloaded some crap I want to uninstall, but they won't show up on the Add/Remove programs control panel thing.

I know they exists because their directories are in Program Files, and I have working icons on my desktop. Also, there's no uninstall executable inside of the program file itself.

What can I do to uninstall this stuff?

Thanks

Hi larryjr88. . .

Welcome to the Tech Support Forum - Vista Support!

I would use CCleaner found HERE. Simply download CCleaner, install, Right-click on the CCleaner icon, Select "Run as Administrator", select "Tools" (left side - center), and a list of installed programs should appear.

Typically, CCleaner lists more installed programs than Windows Uninstall Programs does.

Good Luck to you.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Old 03-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hello,
I have windows xp, and the list of games, etc that I would like to remove to create more memory does not show up even with right clicking the PC cleaner and going to tools. How can I remove these, as I need more memory.
Thanks,
Starr