Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

problem enabling chiral scroll and other multi-touch functions on synaptics touchpad

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  comp_probs_argh 
#1 ·
i'm using windows 7 and have installed version 16.1.6.0 drivers for synaptics touchpad.

i want to enable chiral scroll motion, as well as to adjust the sensitivity for the touchpad, as the cursor keeps jumping jumping around when i type, making me keep having to correct gibberish.

i know this version of the drivers supports chiral scroll, multi-touch, and other adjustments to touchpad function, but when i pull up the device settings for the "PS/2 mouse port compatible touchpad", the only menu options it shows are "overview" and "buttons", which only contain the patent notices and button actions. but otherwise, there is no way to change the functionality of the mouse at all. none of the usual menu options are there.

i've reinstalled the drivers, tried other versions, and rebooted a million times, and nothing seems to help. i know the capability is there, but i just can't access it for some reason...

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. it's impossible for me to get anything done like this.

thanks so much!!

tamara

P.S. this is a new netbook (acer 722) to replace my old acer aspire (1450, i think). it originally came with elan touchpad drivers, but i had the hard drive switched out for my old one and new drivers installed. it works fine otherwise, but maybe this has something to do with the problem... thanks again for any help!! :)

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.