Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

printer not communicating with computer

This is a discussion on printer not communicating with computer within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. After an electrical outage, my wireless hp photosmart C6100 does not receive print commands from my hp laptop/notebook. I have

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
Registered Member

After an electrical outage, my wireless hp photosmart C6100 does not receive print commands from my hp laptop/notebook.

I have turned off both devices and restarted.
I have deleted old printer driver and added new (i think?)

Computer print command does work with my Epson Artisan 810, also wirelessly connected.

Any suggestions what I need to do?

Old 03-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #2
Networking Team |Tech

Can you test the connection to the printer by trying to ping it.

Start > search for Command Prompt

ping then your printer name/ip.
You can get your printer IP from your printer in control panel.

Head to your printers in control panel
Double click the printer, this will bring up a new window, head to "Display printer properties"
New window will be up head to "Ports" find the port thats ticked, highlight it by clicking it once and go to configure port.

You will find an ip in here, take the ip to command prompt and type ping followed by the ip

E.g ping 192.168.1.20

Let us know how it goes with the above test.

MCP | MCDST | MCSA
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
laptop screen not working
I hooked my laptop up to a projector and it works fine when it is hooked up to the projector but when I unhook it from the projector the screen does not come back to the laptop. I have tried messing with the settings tab on the display and setting it up to use the other monitor (aka laptop...
Phlavin Laptop Support 5 07-13-2012 08:29 PM
PC xp will not start
Hi every one I am a very newbie about computers etc. thank you for accepting me as a member. Here is my problem: My other computer, gateway, old, probably built 10 years ago. It was working O.K. then I turned it off in a hibernate mode. when I went to switch it back on, nothing happened,...
dumna1 Introductions 10 03-13-2012 05:19 AM
Problems with RAM or Graphics
Hello. I'm pretty new to this forum and I really hope I can get some help here. I'm sure I can help someone too. I'm working as a support technician here in Sweden. I'v got a problem with my computer wich I can't get a hold of. Problem 1 The computer can restart 2-3 times when booting up...
pemil Motherboards, Bios & CPU 10 03-03-2012 01:12 PM
Windows Explorer Not working
hi..I am getting this problem from yesterday. After every 30 seeconds i get a window "Windows explorer not working- windows looking for solution-windows explorer is restarting. I am unable to access anything on my laptop. please help me. I scanned the whole system but no viruses were found.
anuj88 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 2 03-02-2012 01:31 PM
Acer Laptop With Built In Webcam
My Acer laptop webcam doesn't work, and I have tried to download the ACER Crystal Eye Webcam, but it will not work. What do I do?
crazylette1069 Laptop Support 1 03-02-2012 01:14 PM