Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Preview music in Windows Explorer

This is a discussion on Preview music in Windows Explorer within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok, so I've been looking online for a while now seeing if there is a way to do this, but

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
Registered Member

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (desktop), Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (laptop), XP SP3 (wife's)

My System

Ok, so I've been looking online for a while now seeing if there is a way to do this, but can't seem to find an answer.

What I want to do is to be able to open up a folder in my Windows Explorer, click on a mp3 file, and be able to preview it without having to open up another program, such as WinAmp, Windows Media Player, VLC, etc.. Just would like to have it where I can preview any song in the list that I want.

I am a DJ and am running Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit on my laptop and don't know if this is possible or not.. I'd like to be able to so that when people come up to me and ask for a song, but aren't sure if that is the right song, I can just click on it, or right mouse click, and have either a Play or Preview option where it just plays in the Windows Explorer.

Is this possible or am I just totally daydreaming here.. It's something I'd really like, and I'm sure that those who do similar stuff that I do would also enjoy having this feature.