Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please help . . . I lost all my data

975 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  techdoc1 
#1 ·
Dear Friends,

I have a Fujitsu Siemens desktop pc bought 3 years ago.
Yesterday when I restarted it then I got message to enter a new name of pc, and new username name and password. In other words the message I got was someting about like I am setting up a brand new pc.

I lost all my previous work :sad:
Opera, Fire Fox, Microsoft Office (Word Excel, Power Point, Outlook), Nero, McAfee, every thing I lost :sad:

After I created new name to my pc and new username and password, I reinstalled again some few programs that I already have on cd. But stored lots of files into Opera that was my main Internet Browser.

Is that possible to look after my previous data (My old pc name & Username and Password)?:confused:

#2 ·
Hi GR7.

Is it possible that you've triggered a system restore to factory defaults from the recovery partition?

Is it possible that you have more than 1 HDD, or more than 1 partition on a single HDD that you've logged in to?

/ Crit

#4 ·
when you turn on your computer, at the first screen you should be able to hit F8 and it will take you to the boot menu. there you can see what is your primary boot drive. You will also be able to see if you have any other HDD installed or not. But as they mentioned before. It seems you may have somehow booted the restore partition and quite possibly erased all of it. For future reference, you always want to back up all your files on an external HD. and after you back them up on there, back them up again online. (ie: dropbox, or an online server)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.