Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Pictures just show red x in corner

This is a discussion on Pictures just show red x in corner within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Whenever I 'forward' something to my husband's laptop that contains a picture, the picture never shows and he only gets

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
Registered Member

Whenever I 'forward' something to my husband's laptop that contains a picture, the picture never shows and he only gets a red X in the corner. If I copy the picture and insert it in an email (not forwarded) he gets it. We both have Dell laptops running Windows 7. He uses Yahoo Mail, and I use Netzero. Can you tell me why this happens or what setting I can change so I can just forward emails rather than having to re-write them and insert?

Old 05-20-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
- Microsoft Support

What happens if you forward the email back to your netzero account does it work then? What about if you forward it to a different email like Gmail?

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
Registered Member

I will have to test that the next time I get something I want to forward. I tried to duplicate it today so I could answer you, but I don't have anything with a picture "in it". If I ATTACH pictures to my email, my husband gets them. I emailed myself and him and then forwarded my email so he got it both ways....original and forwarded. Both times he got the pictures. So, it seems to me like it is an email where the "cartoon" or "picture" is IN the email - not an attachment. Does this help clarify things?
Old 05-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
- Microsoft Support
- Networking

Just a guess, but it could be your Netzero settings. A lot of mail providers block the display of images contained within the body of an e-mail, by default, for security reasons. I'm not familiar with Netzero, but see if there are any configuration settings that cover "displaying images" or something like that.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
Registered Member

The only thing I could find to change that MIGHT help is that I have now checked a box that the original email message (and I'm assuming picture or cartoon in it) will be forwarded as an attachment. I'll have to wait until I get the type of email that DIDN'T work before and see if my husband will get it now. Since he can receive other pictures as attachments, maybe this will be the answer. I'll let you know once I get the type of email that has caused the problems in the past.