Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Picture Printing Issues

This is a discussion on Picture Printing Issues within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all, I've been looking for a solution to this problem for days with no success, so I am sincerely

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 07:14 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all, I've been looking for a solution to this problem for days with no success, so I am sincerely hoping someone in here can help me. It really doesn't seem like it should be that complicated...

Alright, so, in Vista, when I want to print a picture (from anywhere, even if I'm working in a photo editing program), a box pops up called Print Pictures. This program gives you all different sizing options. Like you can print the picture as a full page or as a 4x6in. etc, etc. However, it's missing an option to print the picture as its actual size. So, if I spend my time painstakingly resizing the picture to fit an oddly shaped frame or just a weird size, I cannot print it at that size... no matter what I do. Is this something that is actually missing in Vista (because it seems quite obvious), or did I just miss an option somewhere?

Thanks all.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:57 AM   #2
Registered Member

As I understand your question you say any photo editing program is giving you the same pop up?? Are you trying to print a photo that is larger than the paper size most printers use as standard? For example you might be trying to print a 16 X 20 inch? If so there are programs available that will allow you to print to multiple pages and then tape them together. But the bottom line is that I don't believe that Vista is your problem on this one.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:21 AM   #3
Registered Member

It happens with any program I use and all picture sizes. This is the box:

Is this not a default Vista thing?
Old 07-31-2007, 08:21 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

OS: Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Update 1, Windows 7 SP1 x64 & x86, VISTA SP2 x64 & x86, Windows XP SP3

My System

All you have to do is choose full page and change the paper size.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:02 AM   #5
Registered Member

I don't understand how that would print the picture in its original size, though.